So, we’re homeschooling and I’m in the market for a good 1st grade curriculum for this fall. I’ve peiced together what I’m using right now to try to catch Fikadu up to speed through Kindergarden, but want something much more concrete for this fall. I borrowed a fantastically wonderful book from the library called, “The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Homeschooling.” Basically your intro to homeschooling for dummies material. It has been so insightful and resourceful that I am getting really excited about putting together lesson plans and such for this fall. But I’ve never done this before so I’d like some input from those who have gone before.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
1. Subjects: English, Math, Science, Social Studies/History, Bible.
2. What have you used and liked? Does the curriculum you used carry through additional years?
3. How are the lessons planned out? Does it give you detailed plans for each day, or just basic overview of what you need to accomplish?
4. Are you as the parent the main teacher or is it audio/visually based?
5. What is the average cost involved in purchasing the curriculum you’re recommending?
6. What am I forgetting to ask that I should ask about? Basically what else would you like to tell me about your homeschool experience?