*We’re almost there! Please see below for an overview of our last bit left to raise!
*June 30th – You can now contribute in a tax deductible way! Lifesong for Orphans has set up a tax-deductible fund on our behalf. If you would like to make a contribution for our family please make checks payable to: Lifesong for Orphans. In the memo line please write: Taylor Adoption #1341. You can then send donations to: Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744*
Everyone realizes that International Adoption is costly. And for that matter, so is private domestic adoption. But we’ve come to realize that you can’t put a price tag on a life, and as long as there are 147,000,000 (yes that is one hundred and forty seven MILLION) orphans in the world we can’t let something like finances stop us from providing a home to as many children as we can! That is why we feel compelled to adopt again. And not only compelled, but we have this crazy sort of love for children! We have had the best time of our lives this past year as we’ve dove head first into parenting our two children by adoption. And you know what? We’re ready to add a few more to the Taylor Clan!
We believe that everyone is responsible to care for orphans. And that means whether you’re rich, poor, democrat, republican, religious, or not, black, white, brown, or purple! For too long we’ve lived comfortable lives ignoring children- 147,000,000 of them. We’ve decided that we’d rather build a family. . . a really wonderful family that loves each other through all the good, bad, rough, tough, and celebratory days of our lives. But we realize that this isn’t what everyone is supposed to do, so maybe you can be a part of the solution by helping us bring one or two more precious kiddos into the Taylor Clan. It won’t be easy and we’re not sure how we’re going to accomplish this but please check back often and let us know if you’d like to be a part of creating a forever family for a few more orphaned children!
Here’s what we expect to pay over the course of the next 12 months. We’ll mark off when we’ve saved/raised amounts and then change it to paid as we go. If you’re interested in contributing to a specific cost or making a general donation please leave a comment and let us know. We’ll be setting up a tax deductible fund for people to give to and we’d be happy to pass that information along. And again, thank you for being a part of our adoption in so many ways, whether through prayer, encouragement or financial giving. Be sure to check out our coffee and t-shirt fundraisers also! God Bless.
Upfront Costs: Application and Paperchase = $6463
- Application Fee $250 PAID
- 1st installment of Program Fee $1350 PAID
- Home Study $2000 PAID
- Post Placement Supervision Fee $1158 PAID
- Hague Training $175 PAID
- Documents and Background checks $300 PAID
- USCIS Fee and fingerprinting $830 PAID
- Notarization, Certification, Authentication $400 PAID
Dossier Submission and Referral = $16,735 (Due in May/June)
- Courier Service $150 PAID
- Post adoption admin fee $385 PAID
- 2nd installment of Program Fee $1800 PAID
- Post-Adoption Report deposit $1000 (refundable) PAID
- Dossier Service and translation $800 PAID
- 3rd installment Program Fee $1350 PAID (Given by anonymous person!)
- International Fee 1st child $7500 PAID
- International Fee 2nd child $3750 PAID
Travel Costs = $15,240
- First trip for court appearance $6,800 Paid
- 2nd trip in-country costs $2900 raised
- 2 round trip adult flights $4200
- One way flight for child $1200
- One way lap pass for infant $200
- Visa 2 adults $40
- Visa/embassy fee 2 children $1000 raised
TOTAL COST = $39,538