Well folks, its been a while and so we thought it about time for an informative update on the Taylor family adoption. Aren’t you soooo excited??? Its been a wonderful few weeks since we received our first referral of an adorable little boy. We have been praying for this little dude for over a year as we’ve seen him on our adoption agencies waiting child list and are rejoicing that we will be able to give him a forever family! We don’t have any new news of a second referral yet, but continue to wait and pray for a girl or boy in the 0-4 yr old range. Please pray for wisdom for our family as we wait, and for our agency as they match us with a child.
A few people have asked what the process looks like for us over the next few months and so we wanted to take a minute and explain what might happen with our family. Currently we are fundraising so that we will be able to submit our paperwork to Ethiopia and accept our children’s referral. We are hosting a silent auction on Saturday June 19th. More info to come on this, it should be a wonderful night! We are also planning Fun-runs and walk-a-thons throughout the summer. Please leave a comment if you’re interested in hosting one in your area.
So here’s the potential time line:
- Complete dossier paperwork and bring to Richmond for state certification – Goal this week!
- Turn in dossier along with payment to AWAA – Goal next week (needed $7500)
- Dossier will be reviewed and taken to the State Department and Ethiopian Embassy for authentication. Then it will be sent to Ethiopia for translation – 1st or 2nd week of June
- We’re praying our immigration paper arrives by the end of June so that we can submit for a court date! Please pray with us! (we will need $8850)
- If we are granted a court date in July we will fly to Ethiopia to attend the court hearing and meet our children (airfare & travel = $5,000)
- There is a chance we will not receive a court date in July and be caught in the Ethiopian court closures (kind of like the senate recess) for 8 weeks in August and September. We would then make the first trip to Ethiopia in October to meet our children and attend court.
- IF we attend court in July we will stay one week and then return to the USA and wait for the embassy investigation and processing of our children’s paperwork. We should be able to return 6-10 weeks later (Sept or Oct) to bring them home! IF we don’t travel for court until October we would then stay the one week, return to the USA and go back to Ethiopia most likely in December to bring our children home. This second trip is more expensive because we will be paying for our children’s visas and flights back to the US. (needed approximately $7,000)
Please continue to keep our family in your prayers. We are so excited to introduce our new children to our friends and family. What a gift you are to all of us! We will be able to post pictures once we have officially passed court in Ethiopia.